I was in the car today driving home from picking up Abby...both children sleeping...and "How great is our God" came on Steve Angisano's cd. I started singing and I realized that this was my form of worship as a mom. I'm not able to go to Praise & Worship at church like I used to in college, or daily mass, or have time just to get away to Adoration on a daily or sometimes weekly basis. But, I am able to make the most of the quiet moments even if they are going 70 mph on beltway 8 listening to a cd. I realized that what the speakers at my mom's group said today was true. Children make us less selfish. We have to look outside of ourselves because if we don't a little child will suffer. They depend on us and it forces us to be better people. That moment singing made me realize how loved I am by God...how much he has truly blessed me with...and I pray that I'm able to accept His love with grace and use it to help those He has put in my life. The moments where I really feel God's presence seem to come less frequently and pass by quickly...sometimes if I'm not aware they just pass by....but these moments have huge impact on my life because I don't feel them as often. Just as a relationship starts off with butterflies and huge surges of emotions and then gets down to the real nitty gritty of love, our relationship (or the feelings we have towards God) can have it's ups and downs.
I'm making a vow to really start living in the moments of my life. Whether it be playing with Abby on the floor, feeding my little Kinsley, eating dinner with my hubby and talking about our days, or staring out at the lake in the wonder of God's creation...I'm going to make the most of it because God is showing me His love in those moments and if I don't savor those moments I might just miss something amazing that God has for me.




0 comments:
Post a Comment