CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2015

Catching Up January 2015

Our month in pictures...
 Reading this for a second time with our MOM's book club. It you haven't read this it's great! I would really recommend it for Lent. He reaches Catholics at all places in our spiritual lives. I'm really enjoying the accountability of having a group to read and discuss with. 
You can get a free copy here (just pay shipping). 

 We love us some Chick Fil A :)

 This is how we roll...I took a picture because I felt like I looked like my little sis, Chelsea. 
 Pajama day at school!

Celebrating Kinsley's Baptism Anniversary. This is the first year I finally got it together and looked up the date on her Baptism certificate :) She picked vanilla eclair for desert. I now have a box of things to put out for special feast days and anniversaries during the year. My dear friend Lucy gave me the idea. I got out our calendar and picked one day each month (a sacramental anniversary or Saint Feast day) that we would try to celebrate. 1 month down, 11 to go :) The girls loved reading their baptism books and looking at their baptism gown. The cap still smelled like Chrism. 



I'm in a Saint Peg doll exchange with one of my college friends. I'm making 32 of these St. Nicholas dolls and then exchanging to have 31 other saints. Oh the stay at home mom projects :) Keeps my mind on holy things while I watch The Bachelor ;)







Mimi is the historian of the Conger family. She has all the documentation for the girls and submitted it to the Mayflower Juniors (a group of children who are Mayflower descendants). The girls loved the first event at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. They got to go on a guided tour of the Ancient Egypt exhibit, see real sharks, watch a 3D shark movie and eat yummy cupcakes and McDonalds. Mommy and Dadddy had a wonderful date watching "The Theory of Everything".  The girls had a great time!







For Christmas, Santa brought the girls soccer clothes and a ticket to play soccer at the YMCA. It's been an interesting experience. Their coach is so patient with them and the other players...he makes it fun but still teaches them skills. However, when asked Abby's best and worst part of the games she says..."The best part is the snack and the worst part is the soccer." It's a work in progress and next time Santa will ask which sport or activity they would like to do before he buys their "tickets". The girls have loved having so many family members come to their games! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment