CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Catching Up April 2015

April proved to be the craziest and most unexpected month of the year. We knew we would have a baby at some point, but expected to have it on my scheduled csection date :) Haha! I've had 3 csections and none of them have come when they were scheuled. I guess now I've finally learned that if you make plans, sometimes God just laughs :) Here's her birth post.

 Here's our first weekend of April- Easter 2015

 Easter Egg Hunt at school. So glad they got another chance to wear these dresses from last year. 

Enjoying my quiet time after dropping the girls off at school. It's been so nice to go straight to the church after drop off and have some time with the Lord. The decor at Prince of Peace is amazing. 

 Enjoying their lacrosse sticks from Gigi and Peepaw!






The second weekend of April Chris was asked to be in a wedding in Alabama. We are so thankful that Gigi and Peepaw could help watch the girls and make sure someone was here on the off chance that I went into labor. The girls had so much fun at the Bluebonnet Festival in Chapel Hill. We went last year for my birthday, but I didn't feel up to it being 9 months pregnant this year :) Gigi got some great bluebonnet pictures of the girls and I'm thankful because we didn't get a chance to go out this year for them. 

 While the girls were with Gigi and Peepaw and Chris was at the wedding, I had a glorious day at a silent day retreat. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. The retreat center was in downtown Houston but once you got within the gates you would have no idea you were in the city. It as a guided silent retreat and I had time for drawing, reading, adoration, reflection, a short hike and a delicious lunch. I'm so glad I was able to share the experience with these lovely ladies. While I was at the retreat, we had a cleaning lady come to the house. It was the best early birthday presents I could have asked for. 




 Celebrating my birthday with Gigi and Peepaw!

 Flowers from the hubby! We started the day at a MOM's playdate at a friends house and then headed home for naps.  Chris had a wonderful date night planned at Peli Peli with babysitting from my sweet cousin, Natalie, but I got sick and had to cancel. We had take out chinese instead and I enjoyed a nice relaxing bath :) It's funny how birthdays change as you get older. My most favorite part of the day was cuddling with Abby and her saying to me, "mom this is the best birthday ever :)".  I really felt loved and special and had no idea that the next day my plans for the next few weeks would completely change! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment