Here's how it all started...Chris and I went to our weekly appt and I was so excited because after a week of bed rest, my blood pressure had been normal. Well after 3 hours waiting at the doctor's office...turns out my blood pressure was a little high! We tried to get it down but with other symptoms I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and told to go straight to the hospital to get induced. We spent the night there getting started with the process and then started pitocin in the morning. After 8 hours of laboring (with an epidural after 2 of them :)) We decided to go with the c-section because Abby's heart rate was dropping every time they pushed pitocin and my water had already broken earlier in the morning. I was actually very happy with the decision after she came out because the umbilical cord was wrapped around her head twice. She was just letting us know that she wanted to get out :)We were really happy with Dr. Behan's decision and advice regarding the labor and we have a healthy mommy and baby to show for it!
After some skin to skin time and a little more time trying to get Mommy's blood pressure down, Abby got to meet her Gigi & Pepaw and Mimi & Grandpa Charlie. She then got to see all of her friends and family when they wheeled us to the nursery. We felt so special that so many people were there to welcome her into the world. Chris was so excited to show off his daughter!
We spent 4 days in the hospital recovering from the c-section and also meeting with the lactation consultant daily. It was a huge blessing to get help with nursing... definitely a struggle at first...but it gets better (trust me new mom's...it gets better :))
We came home to lots of flowers, beautiful decorations, and a clean house! Thank you so much to our family that worked so hard to make Abby's arrival so special for all of us!
More on life at home in the next post...
The Eve of Abby's birthday
One happy little family!
Coming home!

Mommy and Abby :)




4 comments:
I love it and yall abd miss yall so much!
-nat
as I sit and hold my precious little Abby, I am
reminded of all the nights spent rocking you as a baby. I pray that you, as a mother receive all the joys that I was blessed to have from you. Abby couldn't be more beautiful! We love you both so very much!
I love it!! She is so beautiful Cassie. And trust me, the nursing gets easier and easier the older and bigger she gets.
Oh Cassie she's so beautiful! Congratulations again!
I hope that your recovery is going well. C-sections are so much harder to recover from, but you are so very blessed with great support I'm sure!
Great to hear that nursing is going well! What a blessing for you and Abby.
Post a Comment