CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life at Home

Well after many wonderful trips around the state of Texas I feel like Chris, Abby and I are back to our regular routine for a while and whatever normalcy we can have with a new baby. Here's some of the things going on in our home...

Abby is smiling all the time. As I was changing her diaper this morning I realized I truly have the best job in the world...I LOVE being a stay at home momma :)

We moved on to total cloth diapering even on trips. Even more so I'm making homemade wipe solution and finally using the fleece wipes that Ann-Marie gave me. I make about four cups of solution at a time so I only have to make it about once a week. The solution is give of take...
4 cups of warm water
2 or 3 squirts of baby wash
about a tsp of baby oil
2 drops of lavender essential oil
We fold the wipes in our wipes warmer and Abby has a nice clean bum at every changing. It's also great for a little sponge bath on days when we don't take a bath.

Feeding is going really well! Abby eats pretty much on a 3 hour schedule and Chris takes the 9pm feeding so I can get ready for bed and get a little extra sleep. She usually wakes up around 3 or 4ish...It's amazing how much I can get done now that I'm sleeping more!

Chris and I LOVE strategy games now...We are having fun with Dominian, Settlers of Catan and Puerto Rico...if anyone wants to come over for a game night let us know!

We had a wonderful Valentine's Dinner. I fed Abby and put her down while Chris cooked asparagus and steak (it's our valentine's tradition). We had a delicious cabernet with the meal and then had dark chocolate for desert. It's amazing how well the wine paired with both the steak and the chocolate. If you like red wine try

We had it on one of our first dates and it's still one of our favs...less than $15 too!

I've been organizing our laundry room and trying to get really efficient on chores now that I actually have a bit more time in my day.

Abby is almost 3 months old which means that I can start working out at Lifetime while they watch her. I'm really excited to get back into a routine and with the lifetime bucks we have I get two free training sessions. I think I'm going to have them give me an idea of 2 workouts I can alternate with to get back my pre-pregnancy body :) I'm thinking of doing a 5k in March or April. It's amazing how excited I am about working out...I think part of it is the built in mommy time that I can have but let's be honest at least once a week I might be sitting in the hot tub and taking a nice long shower at the gym instead of working out ;)

We love groupons now! We are racking them up for date nights whenever those might happen :)

I'm thinking of adding daily mass to my routine...not everyday but at least once of twice a week...I need to find a time that works well for Abby.

I've been keeping up with private tutoring and I really love it! It gives me a little break each week and I feel like I'm contributing financially to our family. I also feel like I'm able to put my degree and education experience to good use.

Last little thing going on is blogging...I really like the random ramblings and reflection that it allows me and also I love reading other mom's blogs. When you are having a rough day and can't get out to talk to someone it's nice to read what other moms are going through and realize that you aren't alone! Lucy showed me the google reader app on the iphone so I can now read blog posts easily while I nurse :)

Well that's it for now...the Conger's might be boring lately but we are really loving being back to our little routine!

1 comments:

Andrea

Love the wipes solution "recipe!" I'm going to have to try that out!
We love strategy games too! We have another couple here who come over usually once a week after the children are in bed to play. SO fun! My favorite so far has been El Grande!
Also, adding daily Mass to your routine is such a great idea! One of my dearest friends has always taken her children to Daily Mass several times a week and her kids have the best behavior in Mass because they are so used to it. I'm inspired...soon I'm going to tackle this! It's hard with my crazy 18 month old.
Love Google Reader...man, reading blogs before that was a hassle!

Post a Comment