CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

...anxious and worried about many things

So this week's Gospel really hit me...I've heard it so many times...Martha and Mary...which one are you. Be a Mary in a Martha world. Chris and I were discussing the readings and I was trying to say that Martha had these strengths and Mary had these and we can be like both at different times in our life (mostly because I like to justify my Martha behavior :)) But then Chris said, Jesus doesn't say things just to say things. He said Mary had the better part. He said that Martha was anxious about many things. We don't have to live our lives being anxious and worried. We have the better part in being with Jesus. It's not so much about working or not working, but being anxious or being with Jesus. Work will always be there. There is always an opportunity to serve and live our vocation but it's about how we live it...am I anxious or do I have the better part with Jesus. Our priest mentioned the gospel passage from Matthew Chapter 11, 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

It's funny that as I was listening to Pandora this morning, a song with those lyrics came on. Okay, got it...do NOT be anxious and worried about many things, have the better part.  

I'm joining Jen's challenge at Conversion Diary today...it's been a blessing to have accountability and sort out the discussions I've had this week and prayer time. Sometimes I feel as if I might be rambling, but it's helpful to me to write down what I'm thinking and it's been helpful to read my friend's post about what is going on in their lives. I'm not a biblical scholar by any means, but I know that there are other moms out there who might be feeling the same way, so I thought I would write down what I'm thinking.  I didn't make it yesterday, but maybe I'll shoot for two posts today :) Maybe some digital scrapbooking posts...we'll see :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment