CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Catching up- January 2014

In an effort to keep up the blog I'm going to try something new...monthly updates and pictures of our little family.

We started January continuing Christmas with the Mechlers, New Years Eve, and Aggie Football and my Dad's birthday (always on Ephiphany :)) I'm very blessed to have Gary Mechler as my father.




Then, I really had some time to really think about my priorities, expectations and spiritual life. I felt a bit overwhelmed after the holidays. I had a great talk with my spiritual director and a wonderful husband who supported me even vacuumed cat hair off Abby's school uniform when I almost lost it after I had ironed it and had it ready to go and found Belle sleeping on it. I guess it was one of those straw that broke the camel's back moments.

I found that my motto for the year was peace (thanks to a book my wonderful sister got me for Christmas Searching for and Maintaining Peace: A Small Treatise on Peace of Heart)
...and more than that to accomplish peace I need to surrender to the will of God. Easier said than done :)  I also how thankful I am to have family close by and that I need to say yes when they offer help. (like babysitting the girls so I can meet alone with my spiritual director...thanks Gigi and Peeps)

We spent one of our Saturdays with Mimi and Papa Conger playing in the "snow". Every year the neighborhood hauls in snow for a day of fun. We really enjoyed catching up, playing in the snow and experimenting with our camera. Here are a few shots of the day. It really was a great month. We also got to spend some of our Saturdays buying produce at our Farmer's Market. Such fun!














We were so honored to be asked as Corban's Godparents. Chris and I were able to celebrate his baptism with the Feenstra's at Regina Caeli Parish. It was a beautiful Latin ceremony. Mimi and Papa watched the girls so we could enjoy the Baptism and wonderful lunch afterwards. We are so so thankful for their help! I just love the smell of a freshly baptized baby's head :)







1 comments:

Ann-Marie Ulczynski

Yay for updates from the Conger family!!! You look beautiful, as always, Cassie. The girls are getting so big. I am glad that you are finding time for spiritual direction. Good stuff.

Post a Comment