CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our Engagement Story

I absolutely love pulling up my google reader every morning to check out what is going on in the blogging world. My friend Andrea posted her engagement story and then another blog I follow, Barefoot and Pregnant also had her engagement story posted...I was wondering what was going on with all the engagement stories and I found Betty Beguiles which had the idea...so here goes with our engagement story.

Chris and I had been dating only 8 short months when we started seriously discussing engagement and marriage. The topic had come up before but in October of 2008 we started discussing time lines. Well if you really know me and what a planner I am (and what a non-planner Chris is) you realize that of course I was the one bringing on the discussion of timing. Chris had me believing by the end of our conversations that with saving for a ring it would be close to my birthday in April that we would be getting engaged. My husband is such a trickster I would soon find out :)

The topic was on the back burner and we were enjoying our stage of dating come December 19, 2008, the last day of the fall semester for me (I was teaching 7th math at West JH). My friends, Lisa and Alison, and I went to our normal Friday lunch at Subway. When I came back to my classroom I was surprised to find Chris waiting behind my desk. I told him I already went to lunch because sometimes he would surprise me at school and go to lunch with me. He started to come towards me and got down on one knee...I was in complete shock! He pulled out a goregeous ring and asked me to marry him...I was in such shock and disbelief that he had to ask another time before answered, YES! He was so cute and paid such attention to little details that made the day so special. He had 10 roses for the 10 months we had been dating, had written a heart around our names and the date on my whiteboard, and even had the BBN (Blazing Bronco Network our school news team) interview us for the daily news. He had my sisters in on the big day and had called my dad that morning to ask for his blessing to marry me. He told me later that he was going to wait until Christmas but my friend Erin was right when she found out that he picked up the ring....she predicted that it would burn a hole in his pocket and he would do it right away. Sure enough, the day after he got the ring, he proposed!

That night Chris made reservations at Kenny's and we celebrated our engagement in style with a bottle of wine and amazing food.

I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband that would go out of his way to make me feel special and surprise me...and I'm even more blessed that after being married and having children that excitement has not faded. He is always trying to make me feel loved...that's why he's my RHL!

PS Right before I was about to post this and of course before I saved it...my computer started freezing up. Maybe because Chris had me downloading a new version of itunes or maybe because I do not do continuous computer maintenance (Chris' words not mine)...I'm not sure which one.
Whatever the cause, my wonderful husband sat at my computer for about an hour cleaning up all the crap I had downloaded and making it fun faster while explaining what defragmenting was and why I needed my computer needed it. He saved my post from being lost and having to write it all over again :) He's pretty much wonderful- from planning an amazing engagement to fixing my computer- I love him!



0 comments:

Post a Comment